View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 07:58 AM   #3
clown9644

I would recheck all the connections you made when changing the fuse holder and make sure they are solid. A short jumper for a couple of seconds AROUND the new connection would be ok, just tap the wire to see if the condition changes. I suggest this as it appears to be when the issue started.

One other thing just popped into my head, do you have the bathroom walls up? There is a switch there that may have an issue and is not making well, BUT has nothing to do with radio speakers.

I suspect you may possibly have disturbed a ground connection to the upper shell, a jumper from the frame ground to something on the upper front shell that is ground will tell that story real fast. The lights will work. But seldom do they use electrical wiring for speakers, but I may be wrong.

Fuse ok! ground OK! UNPLUG from house. Now its time to take a peek from the outside behind the fridge, just remove the vent outside. You will find a lot of wire connections were made there, including radio speakers. There should be a large cable that goes out the bottom and then up the side of one of your roof struts. This cable has most of the wiring for the roof equipment so I suggest you check those connections first. They are wire nut connections so you can check them without any tools. If you have someone inside looking at the lights you should be able to wiggle wires and possibly make a change in brightness, that would be the connector that needs fixed. By the way with power removed from house you will only be seeing 12 volts so no safety issue though sparks will startle you.

Good luck!
Dave