View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 07:28 AM   #1
Dchisenh

Default Dim Front Half Ceiling Lights and No Speakers

Good morning y'all!

I have a 2004 3326 that's new to me and I've got it setup in my backyard hooked into the house's electrical (20 amp circuit) and water (city water, clean and pressurized) while I get acquainted with all the systems and how it works. These things are marvels of engineering and I'm enjoying myself immensely, but I did run into a bit of a snag the other day.

Previously, all the interior ceiling lights worked (rear and front half 12v lights) and the speakers in the front cabinet worked as well (aftermarket Pioneers, from what I can tell). The other day I noticed that the 30 amp blade fuse installed between the two 6v batteries in the rear compartment had corroded/melted, so I replaced the connector with a new marine style 10 gauge fuse holder and new 30 amp fuse. Around the same time I noticed that the front half of the lights for the ceiling wouldn't really light up anymore...only a slight, delayed glow and only if you turned on one light at a time...turn on two, nothing happens. Also, the speakers appear to be dead. It looks like the speakers are wired into the light's electrical supply, so I think that's why the two are out. The AC works, the fan vent on the roof works, the rear half ceiling lights work, the radio face works, the antenna works, everything else in the unit works...except the front half of the ceiling lights. I've checked the 15 amp blade fuse in the converter panel box and it isn't lit up (converter has been upgraded to a PDI unit), but I replaced it anyway...still did nothing. The tank/battery status display lists the batteries as "charged" when I test it, so that shouldn't be a problem. I'm guessing there's something causing less than 12v to flow into those units, so little in fact that it won't even cause two bulbs to glow nor power the speakers at all...but I'm at a loss as to where the short/problem could be occurring.

I love this Trailmanor to death and am enjoying every second of figuring it out, but this has me stumped. I've been reading over the forums and searching through tons of old posts that note electrical problems like that, but I can't seem to find one that has this exact problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated by all folks far more familiar with the intricacies of TM wiring than I! Thanks in advance everyone and have a great 4th of July!

-Dan
Dchisenh is offline   Reply With Quote