Thread: Honda Pilot?
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2005, 08:18 PM   #2
wesslvm
Site Sponsor

I have a 2720Sl (2004) which I pull with our 2004 Pilot. I have been through mountains in VT, NY, and Pennsylvania with little to no problems.

I have a WD hitch and keep the trailer loaded evenly with the weight biased to the front. Other than an occasional sway induced by hanging our bikes off our trailers rear bumper, our combo tows like a dream.

The biggest difference between the 3023 and 2720Sl is the load capacity of the 3023. The 3023 can be loaded more than the 2720SL which could push the limits of our Pilots.

If I was going to tow cross country, I'd probably opt for a larger tow rig such as a V-8 truck. But for local trips in the Northeast, I'm comfortable with the Pilot.

Good luck!

Vince

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefDivr
Hi folks!

I'm seriously considering a new TM to replace my Coleman tent trailer. Problem is, I didn't even know they existed when I recently purchased my 2005 Honda Pilot. The Pilot would be able to tow my tent trailer just fine which is why it was acceptable. I'm wondering how it might do with a TM. My wife and I have decided we want to go with a trailer that is easier to heat and cool, offers a little more security and has a real bathroom, yet keep it in our (large) garage.

Ideally, I would like to get a 3023 but I think that might push it. The specs say I can make it with that, but I'd like to know what you all think. We live on the East Coast, but would like to make it out west from time to time since that's where I'm from.

So, 3023 or 2720???