View Single Post
Old 01-08-2022, 04:14 PM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmcFlorida View Post
How much is it to join up? I'm on my trial membership right now
Don't pay anything yet. The new owners of the forum are still working out the membership rules.

Quote:
When I wanna test the 2720SL out, the plug doesn't match my extension cord attached to my brothers house. Do I just get a conversion plug? I know there is a amp limit of course.
Yes. You can get an adapter from any RV place, Amazon, or even Walmart. Be sure you have a three conductor extension cord, at least number 14 (#12 is better). You will not be able to run the air conditioner.

Quote:
Can I stand on the roof?
Depends on how big you are. Regardless, it would be a good idea to get something to spread your weight. A couple pieces of plywood or masonite, each a couple feet square, would be a good idea.

Quote:
And, I have seen some cabinets above the stove. My unit doesn't have that. How much would it be to add something, and or was there supposed to be one there?
I don't remember when these cabinets were first offered. I know my 2002 TM did not have either of them. My 2006 TM had the over-sink unit, but not the over-stove unit.You can get them from the TM factory, but be prepared for sticker shock. The hanger hardware itself is cheap.

Quote:
On delivery, should the black tank be delivered empty?
If you are buying from a dealer, the answer is probably yes, although it is more a matter of aesthetics than correctness.

Quote:
I think the unit has a recirculating toilet... It's a THETFORD 34384
No, that is not a recirculating toilet. A past owner installed what you have. I'm not sure, but I think it is some version of the Aqua Magic family. You'll need to do some on-line research to figure it out. I think the part number you are looking at may refer to the toilet lid, not the entire toilet.

Quote:
And, is it normal , when a deposit is given, to hook up and drag it down the road a mile or two? I have to go about 550 miles to Florida.
That is up to the dealer. He may not let you take it until you own it. He will certainly want to know what hitch you have. He will also want to know what electric brake controller you have, and if it is hooked up correctly. My guess is you don't have one yet, so he will offer to sell you one and install it for you.

Quote:
Does a dealer fill up the propane tanks?
This can go either way - depends on the dealer. I think the most common answer is that he may give you 1/4 tank of propane, just to check out the appliances. but not two full tanks.

Quote:
Does the sofa turn into a bed?
Yes

Quote:
How do I test the brakes?
Common wisdom says you drive on sand or gravel at about 25 mph, and apply the brakes manually (in other words, don't step on the brake pedal). At full strength, you should feel the trailer brakes dragging the car to a stop, and the trailer wheels may even lock up.

Quote:
I have a 4 pin connection, and I will get an adapter to take it to 7 pin. (I guess that's where the batteries in the RV get charged, while driving?)
Not quite. You need to look at the wiring of the 4-pin and 7-pin connectors, easily found on line. The 4-pin connector handles tail, turn, and brake lights, and that's all. The 7-pin connector also has the electric brake line that comes from the brake controller. It also adds the battery charge line and backup lights. I personally don't like the adapter approach, but a lot of folks do it because it is a bit cheaper. No matter what, you have to run the brake line, so it is easy to add the other two at the same time.

Quote:
How do I check if it has an antisway bar?
Trailers don't have antisway bars. The bars, if present, are part of the hitch. TMs generally don't need anti-sway, but depending on your tow vehicle, you probably do need a weight distributing hitch (WDH).

Quote:
On a smaller RV like this, how long should a PPI take? 2 hours?
It sounds stupid to say, but it takes as long as you want it to take. Do you plan to check out the operation of the appliances? Do you plan to open it and close it a few times, to make sure it moves easily and that the latches work. Do you plan to do a rain-hose check for leaks? Do you plan to check the date on the tires, as well as on the battery? Do you plan to fill the water tanks and check the water pump and the water heater? Do you plan to dismount the wheels and look at the brakes? Be sure to ask when the wheel bearings were last greased. A really thorough check can easily take all day. Or you can trust the seller. Or anywhere in between.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote