View Single Post
Old 01-08-2022, 12:40 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmcFlorida View Post
Ok. So here come the noob questions.....
Noob questions are welcome at all times. Introducing new owners to TMs is one of the best things we do on the Forum.

Quote:
where are the batteries located? the only thing on the front are two propane tanks.
On the outside rear wall of the trailer, on the left side, is a door that opens into a storage compartment. The battery is in that compartment. The most common battery is a Group (size) 24 or Group 27, and these fit nicely. If you want a bigger battery, or a different shape, you will need to do some minor adjustment.

Quote:
any way to get a screen door?
For about 10 years, I have offered a screen door kit. If you search the forum on the term SCREEN DOOR, you will find several long threads about it. It is a little expensive, but those who bought it seem think it is worth it - I have not had a single complaint. Since the pandemic started, there has been little interest in the door, so I have not made more. A few owners have cobbled up a door out of the velcro and magnet curtains As Seen on TV. You can find more info on these on the TM Friends Facebook group.

Quote:
feels like there is no table or place to eat or work.
Looking at a 2720 SL .... so the couch is at the one end, and has the two swing up tables.
The couch is comfy, so we eat, work, and watch TV there. The table on the street side extends, as shown in one of your photos, and there is an extension that drops into place in the opening. This leaves room for a person to slip by between the two tables.

Quote:
it does have the single chair, (to the right of the entryway on the far wall)
as it should,
Quote:
but on the near wall, there is nothing. so, if you walked in the front door and put out your right hand, there is empty space there.
Correct. We use this area as a temporary holding area for stuff that comes out during setup. Remember that this "empty space" must be empty in order to bring in the slide when closing the trailer.

Quote:
I think I'm missing a two-seater love couch that fits in that spot.
That would have been an owner-installed item. The factory never made such a thing.

Quote:
And is it a good idea to get a ladder and take a look at the roof? Or, is construction such a way where that isn't an issue?
Yes, it is a good idea. You are looking not so much at the roof itself, but at the caulking around the vents, fan, TV antenna, and air conditioner.

Quote:
One last thing, reselling this, or trading it if I totally hated the idea, what numbers am I looking at?
This is a popular model, easily resold especially if in good condition.

Quote:
The bank credit union values this 2720SL at about $8300.
I think the bank's valuation is a bit generous, but not far off. Note that selling prices on the west coast are generally higher than on the east coast or midwest.You might also check NadaGuides.com for RV values. NadaGuides is not to be taken as gospel! It is estimates based on who-knows-what. And be careful not to get sucked into their list of options. From a pricing point of view, the only options on your model that matter are the air conditioner and the awning, and even those don't affect bottom line value very much.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote