View Single Post
Old 01-06-2003, 08:47 AM   #1

Default Towing and Fulltiming

I have a 2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab with a 5 speed manual Transmission and a Topper on the Bed. I have never owned an RV but, since I am a teacher I cannot afford to own one that I can travel with my pets, four cats and still maintain a residence. I live in Florida so the weather should not be a problem. I have my summers off so I am free to travel from June 1 to August 1. I am willing to trade the smaller space of living full time in a Trailmanor for the freedom to travel. We have several very nice RV Parks here and have talked to the owners about prices so I know I can do this financially. My concern is how close should I get to my max tow weight of 3500 pounds in relation to the dry weight of the trailer. I know I could not live in anything smaller than the 2720SL. I only need one bed. I'd like to get a 3124 King Slidout(3000) the 2720SL weighs 2680. I am sold on the Trailmanor after reading the review's. I can't finance a big dully right now so I have to go with what I can afford. Also, if anyone knows good places to look for financing for someone with less than perfect credit I'd also appreciate any information.

Jenna