View Single Post
Old 02-22-2002, 03:21 AM   #3
Larry_Loo

Default Re: AGM battery for 3124KS

As a follow-up to the message I posted in December, I finally purchased an absorbed glass mat battery (AGM) for our 3124KS. It is a Group 27, Concord "Chairman" deep-cycle battery. It cost me $130 plus tax and shipping, which was twice the amount of a Group 27 "Marine-RV" battery. The latter type is not a true deep-cycle battery however. AGM batteries have thick lead plates with the electrolyte acid absorbed in glass mats. Therefore they are spill proof and may be mounted on their sides. They also recombine the hydrogen gases released by lead-acid batteries and therefore have a minimal risk of explosion. AGM batteries have other advantages which you may read about at the Wind and Sun site "All About Deep Cycle Batteries!!

http://www.windsun.com/batteries/Bat...of%20Batteries

I learned a lot about deep-cycle batteries from this site - and now consider myself more of an expert on this subject than most RV salespeople. Most of whom are still recommending Marine-RV batteries for our trailers.

On a different but perhaps more EXCITING note, Sears Roebuck is now selling Sylvania 13" color TV-VCR sets with dual AC/DC voltage input - for $199.95 (at least in our local Central Calif. stores). That's $115 less than the discounted price of the Sylvania unit being sold by Camping World. If you, like us, are in the market for a new TV set for your TM, it may be worthwhile for you to search for it at your Sears store.