View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 07:07 AM   #1
grakin

Default Positioning TM with HiLift Jack

Recently, I needed to park the TM somewhere that was a tight fit, and which I couldn't quite get in straight with my TV - so the TM was slightly angled from what I wanted it to be. There was no way of backing it and getting it where I wanted, because of where I wanted it to end up and some obstructions in the driveway.

I used one of these I had handy: http://www.tellico4x4.com/product_in...ducts_id/26358

For people unfamiliar with these, they have a pivot on the foot, so what you do is: unhook the TM using the tongue jack, chock one side of the TM but not the other, and then placing this jack under the tongue, jack it up and push it the direction you want it to go. You can fix a bad angle pretty easily with this, and a whole lot easier than trying to roll the thing on that tongue jack wheel.

Obviously you only want to do this on level ground and you want to make sure everyone around the TM knows to get out of the way if something goes wrong (including yourself) - it's better to damage property than people.