View Single Post
Old 03-05-2006, 06:38 AM   #3
PopBeavers

I agree that you need to take the negative comments with a grain of salt. One poster suggested that it was difficult to back up because it only had one axle. That doesn't make any sense.

We have had ours for one year. We have taken 9 trips for 3000 miles total. 3 to 5 days each.

I took it back to the dealer in December (off season) for about 8 items to be repaired, mostly small cosmetic issues. The dealer turned it around as fast as they could get the parts for the Fridge (service bulletin issue).

The bathroom is small. However DW is accustomed to backpacking so this is a significant step up. She really appreciates it in the middle of the night. We are rarely inside the TM during the day, we are out and about exploring.

My brother just bought a new 32 foot Montana 5th wheel. It is a gorgeous trailer. Very elegant and spacious. I don't anticipate that we will go camping together very often as he can't go where I go (too big) and I won't go where he can go (too crowded).

I save around 6000 dollars per year in NOT paying for storage. I park the TM in the garage. That is the only space I have access to. If you have a side yard or a motorhome sized garage then you don't have the same problem to solve.

The first thing you need to do is understand the problem that you are trying to solve. For us the issues were:

1. We wanted a bed with a matress.
2. We wanted a toilet for night time use.
3. We wanted a sink for dishes instead of a bucket.
4. We wanted a fridge instead of a box of ice.
5. We wanted a heater to extend the season.
6. Most important, it had to fit in the garage.