View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 02:06 PM   #3
OneMoBear
TrailManor Master

This is one sweet modification! I can't believe we waited this long to do it. Having to open the TM to put water in it is the most ridiculous manufacturing oversight IMHO.

Anyway, it's a good thing we can see Home Depot from our front porch because it took a few trips but ultimately, super simple.

We did find that we needed 7/16 tubing rather than 3/8, which is kind of a wierd size. We have tested it and wahoo! We have only done the low pressure side so far and I can't bring myself to go to Home Depot one more time today for the other two clamps but we're going to do the high pressure side too. Starting with an extra six gallons sounds pretty darn good to us. We didn't change the overflow yet but we can see it if we leave the curtain open and as someone else said in one of the posts linked above, really who cares if a little water hits the wall. If we change our minds about that, it will be an easy fix. Now if we can just come up with some kind of male plug to keep the gunk out, we'll be happy as clams!

Malinda
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0032.JPG
Views:	264
Size:	332.3 KB
ID:	4899   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0033.JPG
Views:	248
Size:	324.6 KB
ID:	4900  
Thule for our tandem Hobie Kayak :-)