View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 08:40 PM   #2
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clwpaddler View Post
Off comes the hub and low and behold, the rear grease seal is shot and all my expensive grease is in the brakes.
That is why I do not use the EZ Lube hubs.....I remove the hubs and clean, inspect, and regrease the bearings every other year. No other greasing in between. I know alot of folks use them, but it only takes once and then you all of a sudden have an unplanned brake job -- that is, if you realized what happened before you need to use your brakes. I use our TM every 1-2 months, however, so if you use your TM less frequently, that may not be a good approach.

Woody - I hope you know you can get those entire brake assemblies, complete with shoes, backing plate, and magnet all assembled, for ~$40 or so. They are a piece of cake to install. Remove the old ones by taking off 4 bolts, put the new ones on, and connect the wires. That's it. If those magnets have never been replaced, now's a good time to do them while you have everything apart.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote