View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 11:24 AM   #6
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Hmm....I think I understand what you're saying. When I pull into the gas station or restaurant and flip the switch to turn off the fridge AND fan, you're saying there is an advantage to having the fan continue to run to cool the fridge for the 15-60 minutes we're stopped. I agree -- that would be better, but I'm not sure if it would make a difference or not. If you wanted to do that, you could just install a second exterior switch for the fan. That's cheap and easy to do.

The interior fan switch should be easy to remove from the panel. There are probably 2 plastic tabs on the switch behind the panel that, when pressed in, should allow the switch to pull right out. I think TM installed different control panels in the newer models like yours, which I have not seen in person, but from the pictures I've seen, it looks like the switches are probably mounted the same way. Stick a mirror under the sink, and you'll find out. With the SL models, you certainly can't stick your head under there!

And I bet the wiring for the radio is right there behind the fridge, easily accessible from outside and right next to the wiring that leads to that switch. Good thinking!

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote