View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 12:12 AM   #2
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

IIRC, on my TM, the fridge and fan share a common hot lead. I wired my switch such that it controls both the fridge and fan, regardless of whether or not the interior fan switch is on or off. That interior switch now serves no function.

The way I look at it, anytime the fridge is on DC, which is when the exterior switch will be on, the fan must be on. Wiring in this way allows me to operate both appliances from the outside, including when the TM is closed.

The switch located on the fridge itself is not bypassed; it is still fully functional. Thus, if I want to use the fan on a hot day when the TM is up and operating on AC or gas, I just go outside and turn the new switch on. That turns on the fan. The only other thing turning that switch on does is feed DC to the fridge; that's not any concern because there was DC power going to the fridge 24/7 before I installed the switch.

I can take a closer look tomorrow if you'd like and be more specific with how I wired it.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote