View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 10:56 PM   #5
Redhawk

Funny this was posted today, I brought the TM to the house for the first time getting ready for the maiden voyage. Since nothing electrical worked, I wanted to plug it in to get the batteries charged up. Shore power worked fine, but the battery monitor wouldn't go over 6.8V and the system was not charging, nor would it work on battery power when "unplugged".

I was looking for the fuse panel when I remembered that the original owner said he had removed the batteries for the winter. Sure enough, the wiring was totally hosed up. First thing i noticed was that the white grd wire was attached to a pos battery terminal. I'm embarrased to admit that it took me a few minutes to notice that the batteries were 6V and connected in parellel.

It took me awhile, but I think I got them connected right.

I had a white grnd wire connected to the frame, I connected it to battery 2 negative post.

I had a Red and Black wire in the same sheath, they measured 13V across them, I connected the Red to Battery 1 positive and the black to battery 2 negative. I don't understand how i had 13V when I was unplugged from everything and no connections to the battery. Solar panel was covered.

I also had 2 black wires with in line fuses, I connected both of them to the battery 1 positive post. One was the electric tongue jack, not sure what the other one was.

I connected the "jumper" from battery one neg to battery 2 positive.

Does this sound correct? And where does the solar panel connect in at?