View Single Post
Old 10-25-2004, 08:45 AM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Rip - I'm still getting used to the operation of the new board. Would you do this for me, please?

In the upper left corner of the screen, click the button called "User CP" (User Control Panel). In the menu that opens up, look way down at the bottom for a button labeled "Attachments". Click it. It should show you a list of everything you have attached to all of your messages. It also shows you the total space used by these attachments. How many attachments are in your list? How much total space do they use?

This is a good place to look at the file size for each of your attachments. Are any of them really big? Generally 50-75 KB is more than sufficient, and sometimes a great deal less is quite adequate. If you have any really big pictures, this would be a good time to shrink them in your graphics program. Then delete the original attachment, and attach the shrunken version. This could free up quite a bit of space in your allocation.

Shrinking picture files is really easy in Microsoft Paint, which is part of all versions of Windows. If you need a three-step tutorial, let me know.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote