View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 01:50 PM   #3
jbeletti
Jim

Default Re:Anyone using a Jeep Liberty as a TM TV?

Thanks for the feedback and all the detail Ray.

I do have an automatic trans. but the Jeep does not have the tow package. I had a Draw-tite 2" frame hitch installed, but now see that it is a class II, model 36303. It is rated for 3500# of tow and 300# of tongue weight. I plan to add a trans. cooler and now it appears that I may need to change this frame hitch out for the class IV, model 75128 as I don't see a class III from them. Guess I could always switch brands too.

I agree, the 5000# towing capacity rating from Jeep is probably over-rated. Still, I should be in pretty good shape with many of the Trailmanor models - loaded.

I phoned Trailmanor today and asked to speak to someone about tow vehicles. They gave me Bill Hulsey - the owner. That was cool.

Bill felt that the Jeep Liberty would tow the TMs well. I asked about needing a WD hitch and he said that I might, we'd just have to see how much the front of the Jeep rises after the TM is hitched up. If it rises an inch or more, he said that a WD hitch will be needed.

Should I buy a TM this winter, I think we'll wait until the "pull home" to see if we're a definite candidate for a WD hitch.

Thanks again,

Jim

link to pictures of the Jeep hitch: http://home.comcast.net/~jbeletti/jeep/hitch_3.htm
jbeletti is offline   Reply With Quote