View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 12:39 PM   #3
T and C
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleBiker View Post
Just purchased a 2011 Honda Odyssey with dealer installed towing package. Now, I need to have a brake controller installed. The Honda dealer does not offer this service. My TM is a 2006 2619 model. I live in central PA. Wondering if anyone here is towing with a Honda Odyssey. Also, wondering what I can expect to pay for the purchase and installation of the controller. Thanks for your reply.
Bill is quite right about the Prodigy. I have had ZERO problems with mine. It was originally installed by Custom RV as part of the package when I bought my trailer. It did everything it was advertised to do.

My truck was a '96 F-150 and it fit under the dash. When I bought my 2010 F-150 it did not have a controller. So I asked the Ford folks what one of theirs which fits the recess in the dash would cost. $350-$400 was the answer.

My prodigy works just as well on the new truck as it did on the old one. It sticks out of the recess a couple of inches, but is only a few inches from my right hand as I drive.

So $100-$150 for a controller seems quite reasonable to me.

Tom

TV 2010 F-150 4.6, factory tow pkg, air bags
T and C is offline   Reply With Quote