View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 08:05 PM   #5
Magdefrau

Sewer Kit: A length of sewer hose ten feet long
Trailor end connector
Park sewer pipe conector
Two clamps to hold connectors to hose
Some connectors have a built in clamp

The Trailer connector twists onto the TM's sewer pipe with a half turn after you have removed it's cap.
The park sewer pipe connector can either press or screw into the park's sewer pipe. Most state law requires a tight fit.
The hose fits onto the connector, a clamp is required to make a water tight fit.
Now you have the hose conected to your TM and the Parks sewer pipe.
All connections should be tight. We donot want any drips or connector and hoses coming apart. It's happen to me. It is messy. So, Using common horse sense check all connection for tightness.

Use some type of devise to create a down hill angle in your hose. Once I had rocks and fire wood under my hose. Another time I tied my hose to a stick. I now use a thing from the store that unfolds like a ramp that works very well. Buy one, you can thank me latter.

Follow the other fellows instruction.

I drain my toliet, large pipe pull valve, black water, after breakfast and refill the toliet for the new day. Then I drain the, sink/shower, small pipe pull valve, grey water. This rinses black water out of the hose. If we spend a lot of time at the camper during the day I would do this after dinner too.

I have purchased a ten gallon portible blue waste water tank. It will hold one toliet change, or the shower water of one teen age girl. It is heavy but at 46 years old I can lift it into the back of the van and take it to the dump station. I have made a hose to drain into the dump station opening. It is not possible to just pour the container out into the dump station pipe's opening. This all takes time and it is easier to camp in a full hook up site. But, when I can't, this ten gallon jug works well. I have seem folks use the bigger ones and seem to do fine. I saw the small one as cost and space effective. But I spend three to four times more time carring waste to the dump station. I do this as we go to and from the camp site all day.

I also have a eight gallon water jug I carry water to the TM at sites that do not have water. I have a funnel that fits the TM's water hole. This is hard and I am looking for a pump to transferr water from the water jug to the TM, At 46 yrs old my bones will not last long pouring a eight goolan jug.

I have just unfolded and taken the rig to the dump station folded open and dumped waste and refilled the water tank. Well, that is a lot of work.