View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 03:43 PM   #17
MarkoPolo
TrailManor Master

I will chime in here:
1) Sounds like the tow vehicle is already decided. My take is it is MUCH better to be on the I have more that enough power and tow rating than close to the limit. I've been there before with my GMC Envoy which was rated at 5000 lb towing capacity. It worked, but it really stressed the engine and drive train, especially going up hill. Which seems 90% of the time. Coolant temperature would go way up, I would have to turn off the A/C and could not go anywhere near the speed limit. With the F-150 ecoboost, I see no change in coolant or transmission temperature, even with long, steep up hill pulls, and maintaining speed is easy, I am surprised how seldom it downshifts. Much less stressful knowing you have plenty of power.
2) By adding two feet behind the axle in the 2922, it seems to have exacerbated the tendency to sway compared to other models. Don't know for sure, as I have pulled any other model of Trailmanor, but I know the sway issue twice had me literally fearing for my life.
3) The Andersen No Sway hitch has been an excellent solution to the problem. I know that some of the weight has been moved forward by observing front wheel well height changing when the hitch is installed vs. uninstalled. Since my F-150 has a tow rating of 11,900 lbs, the Trailmanor weight is not a major concern. The anti-sway feature is very important and works beautifully. The Trailmanor is just "there". Lane changes, wind and passing semi's cause very little if any instability. It is a major difference and I would not tow this trailer without it. I am a sample size of one.....I have only used the Andersen No Sway WDH. ( I did have one of those friction type brake shoe anti-sway bars on my old Coleman Bayside). So I really can't compare to Reese or any other brand, but I think some sort of WDH that minimizes sway is something everyone should consider a must have...at least with the 2922KD.
MarkoPolo is offline   Reply With Quote