View Single Post
Old 02-11-2006, 08:15 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Mel -

I don't want to be a downer, but by the numbers you have given us, it is too small for anything but the most benign flatland towing - and it will work itself pretty hard at that. I would suggest that you spend a couple hours reading the Towing Rigs forum, and get an idea of the what-fors and why-nots of towing with a light vehicle. Pay particular attention to the posts by RockyMtnRay.

I'm not a fan of rampaging horsepower and smoke on the road, but you need to be safe (as in enough wheelbase to make a turn without having the trailer try to push you off the road, and enough horsepower to get out of the way of other drivers), and your tow vehicle needs to be strong enough that it doesn't beat itself to death trying to do what you ask it to.

Does Hyundai offer a factory tow package on the Sante Fe? As in transmission cooler, high-numeric-ratio rear end, heavier suspension, 7-way electric connector, and Class III/IV hitch receiver? I don't see it on the Hyundai web site, but if it is offered, do you have it?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote