View Single Post
Old 04-06-2022, 06:10 PM   #22
Stephene1219

Default Solution

Today I folded up the TM because I was going to install an Easy Start to the air conditioner. Easier to do down. By the way a very simple install. From start to finish about 90 minutes.

When I set up the TM so I could check to Easy Start Install, I started thinking about all the various options and then I thought go back to the beginning. To me that was the bathroom switch. Here is the sequence:

1. I used a 10lb weight to hold the button down and toggled the HW switch. The Red light cam on for about 10 seconds and then I heard the heater kick on
2. I removed the weight and of course the red light did not come on
3. I lifted the bathroom walls without connecting the front and back walls. When you toggled the switch the red light cam on.
4. I then connected the front and back walls. When you toggled the switch the red light did not come on.

This indicates that brining the two walls together raises the rear wall enough to raise the switch enough to dis-engage the activation switch.

I added 1/16 to the underside of the back shower wall right above the switch. This did not solve the issue.

I then added 1/8 to the underside of the shower wall. This solved the WH problem, By that I mean once the two wall were connected, when you toggled the WH switch the red light cam on and the heater licked in.

Now the problem is that try to get the two wall to connect is very very hard. It is like adding the 1/8' has really changed how the walls go together.

It seems to me if that switch is so important then there needs some sort of absolute QA that makes sure it works.

I am glad I figured it out all your help. But still a little disillusioned on the limitations of the owners manual.
Stephene1219 is offline   Reply With Quote