View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 01:42 PM   #6
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

We initially had the 2417 Sport, as that was all that was made the first year. It had two beds, dinette, and wet bath.

Normally just the wife and I using it. It was narrow, and a bit tight when I was doing dishes and she wanted to get to the drawers beyond me. Had plenty of storage, even with the water tank under one dinette bench.

Used the trailer for hunting trips with 4 adults, a couple times a year. Yes, we all were inside, but it was tight. Most had to stay seated while the 4th dealt with his luggage, or me doing dishes.

Then, TM came out with the 2417KD Standard, and we jumped on it. Didn't need the second bed, so the dinette allowed for sufficient seating for 4, and still have open floor space. Also, being wider, was much easier to move around in. As for seeing behind while towing, that is what the extenders are for tow vehicles. After trying many, I have found the CIBA mirror extenders to be fantastic, and a good price.

Anyway, on the Standard, they moved the water tank to the rear storage area, so there is more under-bench storage. Still lots of room in the rear for storage, too. We loved the 2417KD, as it suited almost all of our needs.

Got rid of it when I decided I wanted to do more winter camping. With the water tank in back, it was more prone to freezing. However, it never did freeze, as I ran hot water into it (from the outside shower), and it stayed liquid. Having upsized to SOB, I miss my TM, and (hindsight being what it is), think I could have stayed with it, and been fine.

Yes, the small 'fridge won't be sufficient for a family, but maybe just keep beverages and snacks in there. There are tradeoffs for every decision.

Good luck! (I also don't believe there was a 2619 Sport built.) For a family, I would not go with the Sport, but the Standard (maybe they called it "Classic" at the time), as the added floor space does make a difference.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote