View Single Post
Old 06-12-2003, 01:47 PM   #2
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Default Re: Equalizer Hitch and Folding Tongue

I have used an equalizer hitch (EAZ-Lift 1000 lb.) on all 3 of my 2720s. The 2002 and 2003 SL models had/have the folding tongue. The hitch was TM dealer (Carter's Campers) installed.

There is some possibility of the equalizer bar on the door side of the hitch interacting with the hitch hinge pin. This can be adjusted out by inserting 1 or 2 washers to change the angle of the hitch on the tow vehicle, or by dropping one less link on the bar chain on that side.

However, I have seen several different types of equalizer hitches mounted on other TTs that could not be mounted on the TM folding hitch.

MJL

p.s.  Before all of you jump on me about the 1000 lb. rating of the lift, the dealer said that it was better to over rate the hitch and adjust it to a lower setting than to get one that was undersized. The hitch can be adjusted by tilting the ball mount and or changing the height of the ball mount. The equalizer bar loading can be changed by selecting the number of chain links between the bars and the chain latches.
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote