Thread: Trailer bounce
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 07:44 AM   #13
nwhouston

Default Great input on trailer bounce

Thanks for the great input overnight! Good ideas to pursue.

First the BlueOx and its 1000 lb bars. As one of Bill's old posts says, a fully loaded 3124KS has a tongue weight at or north of 700 lbs. Hence the 1000 lb bars. But I may be pulling them up more than needed. My comment about horizontal was not literal, but they do need to be pulled up so they are stiff and causing the truck to be level. At that point they are close to level (got this from calling BlueOx when I was first setting it up). But dropping back one link will not create a 'soft' lash up, so right now that is my plan. (I have thought about getting a 750 lb set to try, but the cost is enough to drive me to look at other things first. I am reweighing after load out this trip to see if something has changed).

I take my rims to Discount Tire to mount tires (two sets so far) and have had no comments on the rims. But maybe that is the right step when we replace the tires again next year. I go three years and change regardless of mileage.

We take off Tuesday, so for now I think the 'one-link' less tension is my best plan. If we find oven door parts on the floor again after day one, I may drop the WDH into the truck bed and pull with the conventional receiver hitch.

Thanks for input. Larry
2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L 6 speed auto
+P3 brake controller
nwhouston is offline   Reply With Quote