View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 10:13 AM   #10
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

We had to cancel the Yellowstone reservations, but want to go see it while we still can, and have the kids stay with us within a week (they live in CO now, we are sadly stuck in CA). I'm debating taking the trailer (about $80 for the whole camping fees vs driving the Prius and just getting a room for like $120 a night. I'm thinking that the gas and stress of taking the trailer so far away (tires are 4 years old with about less than 2000 miles on them) would make the cabin the best option, but we need to buy new tires anyways. The main reason that I'm afraid to take the TM is that they have campsites that we could fit into, but they mandate that you have to be under 40' combined truck and trailer fully expanded. I measured the TM and truck and combined they are is like 44' fully expanded, but the combination is 39' towing. If anyone has to been to Yellowstone and camped there in your TM, I would like to hear from you about how strict they are on this policy if you've ever stayed there. We could bring a couple of tents and leave the TM down, but I just don't want to stress out about going there. I would be much more comfortable staying in the TM vs the room.