Thread: Door
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2004, 04:00 PM   #4
wesslvm
Site Sponsor

Default Re:Door

[quote author=Factor link=board=22;threadid=2172;start=msg15057#msg1505 7 date=1090801719]
We just purchased a 3023 from Danny's Campers and guess we will have to call him and trialmanor tomorrow.

My wife mentioned that the door didn't seems to be closing properly. Danny said it was common to this type of door so we left and drove home (550 miles)

In the five days travelling, the door kept getting worse. When you close the door the bottem half moves forward about 1" past the top door making it impossible to close unless you reef the lover door back.

What happens is - the lover door comes out of the clip at its back. To close the door, it must be shoved back with some force. The two doors are held by this metal clip at the back and another white butterfly clip on the inside towards the locks. The clip is attached to the top half of the door and swings down over the lower half.

It seems to me there should be at least two white clips one at the back towards the hinge and the other one described. How may white butterfly type clips are on your door.

This is not an acceptable situation. Have others experienced this problem and what was your solution.
I'll let you know what the company says.

John & Marie
[/quote]

Hi,

I have the same problems with the door clip on our 2004 2720SL. I am on my third clip and it didn't even last the weekend. At first I thought I was causing the problem in the way I was leveling with the scissor jacks, but the same thing is happening even without using the jacks while sitting in the driveway, leveled using only levelers under the low side tire.

My first clip failed while the dealer was conducting their initial walk thru with us. He replaced the clip while we waited and gave me an extra one "just in case" it happened again.

Other than this problem, we have only minor issues which we will have resolved later this summer by the dealer.
wesslvm is offline   Reply With Quote