Thread: Door
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2004, 06:28 PM   #1
Factor

Default Door

We just purchased a 3023 from Danny's Campers and guess we will have to call him and trialmanor tomorrow.

My wife mentioned that the door didn't seems to be closing properly. Danny said it was common to this type of door so we left and drove home (550 miles)

In the five days travelling, the door kept getting worse. When you close the door the bottem half moves forward about 1" past the top door making it impossible to close unless you reef the lover door back.

What happens is - the lover door comes out of the clip at its back. To close the door, it must be shoved back with some force. The two doors are held by this metal clip at the back and another white butterfly clip on the inside towards the locks. The clip is attached to the top half of the door and swings down over the lower half.

It seems to me there should be at least two white clips one at the back towards the hinge and the other one described. How may white butterfly type clips are on your door.

This is not an acceptable situation. Have others experienced this problem and what was your solution.
I'll let you know what the company says.

John & Marie