View Single Post
Old 06-15-2022, 09:25 AM   #10
coralcruze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagizzi View Post
Wow, all new roof sections and assorted hardware!! Whew. I would have thought that would cost more than a new trailmanor but obviously not or you would not have done it. Nice to know that it is possible.

You have a point to a point. True it's nice to know that it's possible to get the caps replaced at a cost. However, these issues we are seeing are occurring for a reason. Obviously the roof ac is too heavy for its placement in the middle of a seam. And to have another skylight on the same seam without any framing and being a unibody construction is the issue and reason this happens.

In cars unibody is reinforced by bends in the sheet metal at key locations. I am unsure why these bends or folds or framing are not there at least to reinforce the opening cut for the AC and skylights through a seam. Or bends specifically on the outer edges on the caps so sagging is held to a minimum. For me purchasing two new caps would cost way more than what I paid for my TM used. Thankfully I only have one cap to deal with and thankfully it does not sound as bad as some others. However, if nothing is done about it now it will probably be just as bad in time. Not to have a factory solution for a sag or one that is developing is not a good thing though.
coralcruze is offline   Reply With Quote