View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 09:14 PM   #6
Jim-NY

Default One Ridgline Owner to another...get a WDH

George,

I have never towed my 2720SL without a weight distribution hitch (WDH), but when I did not have it adjusted enough to bring my Ridgeline back to its original level position my headlights were shining too high. For me, that would be reason enough not to tow without the WDH. I think a WDH will also help with tire wear, driving comfort, handling, and someday you might want to carry some weight in your truck bed while towing. It may add 80 pounds but I would still recommend using a WDH.

The WDH that I bought came with plenty of height adjustment so I have both my TM and TV level.

I bought my TM sight unseen and then got an inexpensive WDH on e-bay before I went to pick it up. I panicked when I found that my propane tanks were in the way when hooking up my WDH. I now follow a simple alternate procedure hooking up that works. There is nothing wrong with my WDH, it's just that another design would make hooking up my trailer a bit easier. From my experience, I would suggest you look at the physical relationship of the WDH to your TM before you commit to a style. Not only are all WDH’s not the same, but not all TM’s are the same either. If you get one installed at a dealership, it should not be a problem.

Hope this helps.

Jim