View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 08:06 PM   #5
George H.

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackehop41
The "little woman" loves the Ridgeline so I told her I'd inquire if anyone has used it as their tow vehicle. I know it's a little light in towing capacity with a 5000 top and it has a V6 but I'd like to hear from anyone actually using it with a TM. THANKS, Jack
Sorry for such a delayed reply. I am a new TM owner, 2720, with a Honda Ridgeline 2006 as my tow vehicle. Just finished towing it four hours from the dealer, mostly on open highway. Here was my experience. The tow was fairly smooth without problems. It seemed to have enough power to maneuver the roads without holding up traffic, and could pass other vehicles easily. I had to get a hitch that was raised by several inches to compensate for the TM weight on the rear of the Ridgeline in order to keep the TM level. The back end of the Ridgeline sagged a little bit but it was not too noticeable. The dealer talked about "springs" (not sure what it is really called) that could be added to take some of the weight off the Ridgeline but he did not think they were needed with the very little sag that I had. The spring rig weighed 80 lbs. So all in all, it was a good ride for a pick-up that does not have the power of an F-350