View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 08:50 PM   #3
Jim-NY

Jack,

Your “little woman” and I share a common love. I have never felt such passion for a vehicle until I got my Ridgeline.

I pull a 2720SL with mine. I have not taken it to the real demanding mountains of the west, but on relatively level roads and low elevation mountains such as the Catskill’s in NY, I have had absolutely no problems. If you search for Ridgeline you will see posts where I was told, mostly based on the available torque, that it will bog down at high altitudes when I do go out west with it. Time will tell. I have not noticed any posts from anyone towing in the high mountains with a Ridgeline yet. If you see any please let me know.

I don’t think the 3023 is a whole lot heavier than the 2720SL in itself, but what someone pointed out to me when I was looking into TM’s on this site before I bought mine, is that it has room for more people and stuff therefore it can get quite a bit heavier when you take everything into account. I can only tell you that the 2720SL tows very well below 3,000 feet including significant grades.

There was at least one other Ridgeline owner on this board. I don’t recall what sized TM they were pulling.

Jim