View Single Post
Old 05-19-2003, 02:27 AM   #33
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Default Re: Fun TM projects...Where does it end?

I was getting the TM ready for the Memorial Day weekend (I just got to back from the dealer sealing my roof leak**), but I noticed that the beds were leaving black "crud" all over the plastic angle when they are slid in and out...I looked underneath to find that the paint (or powdercoat) had worn off in several spots and the aluminum was leaving it's mark. I went to Home Depot and purchased several of these MD brand self adhesive door sweeps. It is really just pieces of the plastic 1-1/2" wide that has double sided tape on one side...I added a strip of Scotch brand outdoor heavy duty double sided tape to the other side, cleaned the angle with Acetone, and laid the strips in. If need be, I could put a drop of silicone lubricant on them, but so far they slide in and out just fine, and no more black marks. I will take some photos sometime this week and post them on my site if you are interested in seeing what I had done.

I added a Thomas Kinkade picture to the wall (where they USED to put pictures at the factory), and that makes it more mine.

I have ordered a set of the wall hanging hardware so that I can make up a shelf and holder that I can hang behind the stove....I will let everyone know how that goes.

** I had a small leak develop on my last trip during some pretty heavy rain, I didn't think it was that bad, but Veronica wanted me to get it fixed before our trip...I thought it was from the vent, and it ran down the wire channel cover in the front half and was dripping down the front cabinet. Anyhow, the service guy at the Dealership said it was a thing he had only seen one other time...the seam had seperated and allowed water in...He re-sealed the seam replaced the outside seam cover and sealed both sides of the cover. I have decided that I will do the same thing to the rear half seam cover as well...just in case.

Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote