View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 08:45 AM   #11
unlurking

Found what seems to be a pretty detailed towing manual for the Sport Trac...

http://www.fordvehicles.com/assets/p...rttrac9-15.pdf

I have been trying to find a new TV (so that I can pick up a 2720) in Colorado. I have been checking out all of the full size trucks due to expecting most towing to be through the mountains, and recommendation from many posters here. Unfortunately, this will be my daily driver as well (20,000+ miles a year just for work). This presents some interesting quandries. I really don't want to drive a large truck that much. Also, I'll obviously want most of the "comfort features" spending that much time in the vehicle. A full-size fully loaded is between 40-45k for most brand new vehicles, while a fully loaded Sport Trac can be picked up for around 30k.

I am seriously considering the new '07 models with the increased performance specs (though might wait until early spring for an '08) as TakingTerns mantioned.

If RockyMtnRay or any other Colorado area TMer could review the linked PDF, I would be grateful for any opinions.

To be honest, I will probably do most of my towing up I-24 (I'm in Monument) and less up I-70, so being stuck at 35mph behind semis isn't much of a concern. I just want to make sure I can get wherever I am going safely, and am willing to plan ahead to avoid some mountain driving problems read on here (such as leaving early in the morning).

Thanks!