View Single Post
Old 10-10-2022, 04:41 PM   #12
btheo_TrailMini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotdam View Post
Btheo - yes, please elaborate! I purchased a 200 AHr LiPO4 battery for my 2720 thinking that I could simply drop it in and switch the jumper on my newer, lithium-capable converter. Then I decided to add solar and an inverter. Been researching for a while now, and may have a case of ‘analysis paralysis’.
My understanding is that a fully-charged lead acid produces about 12.9V, LiPO4 tops out about 13.8. You’re saying that the propane detector is sensitive about its supplied voltage? How did you address this? (Not sure what you mean by “12v converter”) Any other components you found sensitive?
Sorry I meant a DC 12v stabilizer…
For example:

DC-DC Stabilizer, DROK 9V-36V to 12V

Boost Buck Converter 5A 60W Waterproof Auto Step Up Down Voltage Regulator 12V Volt Transformer for Car Audio Solar Power System LCD Television LED Display Screen [URL deleted].

On mine, the propane detector was the only intolerant component. The fridge is actually much happier with the higher voltage.

I actually suspect that PowerMax now makes a Li version of the main system. Though if you’re also wiring for solar, there is likely more complexity in your diagram than the powermax will do.

In my case I’m using a Renogy 50 dual to handle all DC power sources, a Victron smart 30A IP22 to handle AC to DC shore charging,, a renogy 2000w pure sine inverter for AC on battery, and a cheap manual rotary switch to handle shore power to battery power changeover.

Hope that helps.
B
btheo_TrailMini is offline   Reply With Quote