View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 04:42 PM   #8
Digger

HTML Code:
If the fridge is already cold, leave the door open for 15 minutes ,till there is a demand. Lighting the water heater first does help
The one thermostat in the Norcold only contols the refrigerator when in AC mode. It has no effect on either DC or gas operation so leaving the door open will have no effect on demand. Be sure to have the control turned up to 5. That will give it the highest gas flow and purge the line faster. On my TM the gas line from the tanks seperates at the front of the TM. one goes down the curb side to the stove the other down the street side to the refrig and the water heater so lighting the stove and has little to no effect on the gas supply to the refrig. Lighting the water heater does help as it's on the same line. The flame produced by propane is a direct feed to the burner and the size of the flame is regulated by the temp dial 1 thru 5 just like the stove top burners. What ever you set it at, that is where it stays until you turn it off or you run out of gas. If you can't light the burner manualy, first check that the on/off gas valve behind the refrig. is on, then I'd pull the orifice and clean it, sounds like it may be clogged. Something I haven't seen mentioned here is checking the gas pressure to the burner. When my Norcold was not cooling as well on gas as AC or DC it was sugested that I check the pressure of the propane to the burner, it should be 10 1/2" to 11" of water column. Mine was just 9". The adjustment is simple and it made a world of difference in lighting and cooling.