View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 04:10 PM   #32
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
I hope so. We have a thermometer inside the TM that records the high temp, and it has gotten to 90 degrees inside when all closed up and the velcro is still firmly attached. But we also have very low humidity here in SoCal -- 20-40% usually.

Search the forum a bit. There are a number of threads on this topic, including one from maybe 6 months ago where I asked another member about the method he used -- basically a track that mounted (screwed, I believe) to the wall, press vinyl into the track, and then slide a piece of plastic through the track on top of the vinyl, holding the vinyl in place. No velcro to pull off in the heat, and still easy to replace the vinyl when it gets nasty. He had gotten everything from Ace Hardware, and the part numbers are included in that thread.

Exactly. The polyester curtain on the track will weep water eventually if manhandled, but we've never had any water seep through and onto the floor, despite the showerhead being pointed almost directly on it. If it becomes a problem, you can replace the polyester curtain with a vinyl one for 100% waterproofing -- it just won't be as flexible.

Stapling is certainly an option, but I'd be sure to use sort sort of backing material, like a plastic washer or something, to prevent the curtain from pulling out. But it sounds like that hasn't been an issue. I would try to find stainless staples.

Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
Our framing strips arrived on Thursday and I did not have time to install them on the inside of the exterior bathroom wall. I bought the light weight clear vinyl from Hobby Lobby and it worked great and we like it better then the heavy clear vinyl I got from Joann's fabrics last year. I used 3M Command strips ...the ones for picture hanging to hold the clear plastic in place. If I decide I no longer want them I pull the tab end and they come right off with no damage/mark.

We decided to try out a vinyl shower curtain this trip and ...we now have bathroom nirvana....I can't imagine why it took me so long to try it.

Even if I decide I not to use the framing strips in the bath room I have another plan for their use in the TM.
WOW you are trying every conceivable way of doing the Shower Mod Where are the pics LOL? I plan on trying the strips.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote