View Single Post
Old 11-14-2020, 10:39 AM   #9
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

TVs today are light enough that the wall doesn't require bracing like they used to. And TVs all have a 4 threaded holes in the back, in a standard rectangular pattern. These are called VESA mounting holes, and they have standard sizes called something like M-6. Not wanting to get too elaborate (or expensive), I just got 4 VESA screws to fit my TV (the hardware store even labelled the bins "VESA screws" so I couldn't go wrong). I also got a three-foot strip of 1" x 1/16" aluminum, and cut it into two 18" pieces.

Bend one end of each strip to fit over the top of the wall. Then, in the long straight part of each strip, decide on the desired height of the TV, and drill two holes to match the VESA locations. If you want to mount the TV high, be sure to leave enough room at the top to lift it over the wall without running into the ceiling. Then screw the strips onto the back of the TV.

Once you have the strips screwed on, if they are too long, just cut them to a good length.

That's it - quick, easy, and cheap. No holes in the wall, quick and easy to hang and remove the TV, no floppy articulated mount to snag as you close down the bathroom walls, and thin enough to open the door of the over-the-sink cabinet if you have one. This is very similar to the Amazon mounts in the previous post, but much cheaper. And it is easy to set it up to accommodate the ceiling height.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VESA screws.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	19658  
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote