View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 12:28 PM   #5
ChefLamont

Ah. These are all good considerations. I didnt think about the stabilizers or setting it up over there. I guess I thought about just storing it over there and moving it to the driveway to open for preparing or returning from a trip. However, I now see that would be a monumental pain and I need to be able to (easily) open and close it in place.

I currently have a Toyota Highlander, and have been thinking towards a 2720. I like the 2922, but they are still too new and will likely be out of my price range. I like the 3124, but that is starting to get on the big side and would be getting close to the Highlander's 5000# towing capacity fully loaded. I dont know, the specifics of shopping are still a ways off. I am just generally shopping and getting educated right now on the models and what was offered when kind of thing.

I like the deck beyond the wall idea. I will have to give that more thought.

I will likely just go further back and build a bigger wall. It is better to not cheap out in the beginning than to always wish you had done things differently. That just kicks it into a new level of complexity and cost.

Thanks,
-Steve

(ChefLamont is my backpacking trail name - long story )
ChefLamont is offline   Reply With Quote