View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 09:29 PM   #1
TrailGuy77

Question Frame Advice Needed

Hello Everyone!

I purchased a 2010 TrailManor 3023 on March 5,2010 from a very reputable TM dealer.Unfortunately,I have discovered many problems with it,most of which are relatively minor.You can read my original post on the "Feedback To TrailManor" section.The thread was started by Like2Ride.However,one of the biggest problems is frame rust.

It appears that the factory did not prime and paint the frame immediately after it was assembled.My dealer and I think that the frame had started to rust before it was coated.The rust is fairly thick and is right underneath the paint all along the inner and outer frame rails.Originally,my dealer said they would sand,prime and repaint it with the body on the frame which would prevent them from accessing the top and the tight spots.

Now,after closer inspection and considering what is right in the long run for my satisfaction and their reputation,they are considering sending my trailer back to the factory to replace the "ENTIRE FRAME".They said they have never seen a new TrailManor with a rusty frame.Now,here comes the difficult part,I know it may sound more logical to send it back to the factory in Tennesse,But I am concerned about the possibility of creating other problems in the process and COMPLETION TIME.I have heard stories here about other members TM's sitting at the factory for a couple of months waiting to be repaired.My dealer said it would probably take about 3-4 weeks total time including shipping.I don't think the frame is going to fall apart in the next couple of years but I also don't want to deal with rust for the rest of my ownership!
Which route would you guys go? Please Give Me Some Advice!
Thanks,
TrailGuy77

TM:2010 3023,Electric Tongue Jack
TV:2005 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4x4 V8-Doug Thorley Headers,Gibson 2 1/2" Exhaust,Draw-Tite Brake Controller,Eaz-Lift 1000 LB WDH