View Single Post
Old 12-20-2022, 11:45 AM   #6
Hotdam

Thumbs up

To add to the discussion, if you go the inverter route, you could wire it into the TM 120V wiring, though this adds some complexities. It would likely require a transfer switch, to preclude overloading the shore power circuit should you plug in to 120V while also supplying 120V with the inverter. This allows the use of the TM’s existing 120V wall outlets. You need to be mindful of what you’re powering with your inverter (e.g., toaster, hair dryer, space heater) so as not to overwhelm it. Also, a minor clarification to the original response: your solar panels likely do not supply 12V but, rather, something like 18V (typically), or some multiple thereof if wired in series. However, this is normally converted to ~12V (or multiple thereof) by a charge controller, which you likely have as part of your solar setup to recharge your TM’s batteries. Apologies if I’m preaching to the choir.
I’m in the process of adding solar, lithium battery, and an inverter to my TM too. The process is not overly complex, but requires some research and forethought. This forum is a great resource for that.
Hotdam is offline   Reply With Quote