View Single Post
Old 11-24-2003, 04:17 PM   #19
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

Default Re:Tire Margins on 2619

[quote author=OrangeKid link=board=3;threadid=652;start=msg10944#msg10944 date=1069711068]
What I really find unbelieveable is that Dexter and TM cannot agree on the carrying capacity of the axle.
[/quote]

OK,

I actually emailed Dexter for clarification. An initial and followup response confirmed that 3500 lbs is "tire patch" weight GAWR. Someone else in this forum called directly and recieved the same info.

In response to my revelation regarding the Dexter response, TM called Dexter and reported that Dexter confirmed, as acceptable (to paraphrase), "the method used by TM" to detemine the manner in which the GAWR limit is defined.

Interestingly my contact was "Christine". TM's contact was - Christine! I had not communicated with TM who my source was.

In her 2nd email, Christine commented that "some manufacturers have alternate methods....", as a response to my query about not counting unsprung weight. Again, I paraphrased. She did not know that I was inquiring about any particular mfr. TrailManor stand behind the method of determining GAWR for its trailers. All my correspondence w/Dexter was completed before TM spoke with them.

These many months after said event, I believe I started the second round of email with Christine after speaking with TM about the 3700-3500 lb dichotomy. I'm not absolutely sure, though.

Denny_A
Denny_A is offline   Reply With Quote