Thread: New Truck!
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 10:47 AM   #24
brulaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjbourge View Post
Brulaz, I just read your post on the Ford F-150 Ecoboost BiTurbo, Integrated Brake Controller, Trailer Mirrors, Rear-View Camera, I have looked at that truck on the lot and wonder how you were able to get the manufactor discount of $12,000. Was this a special that they were running as the price we say of 45K looked to high for us, but if I got that plus my trade it would be bought. Right now we pull a TM2720SD with a Honda Ridgeline but want to up grade our trailer to something larger and the Honda only has a 5K tow rate, which on our cross country trip pushed the truck to it's max.
Last July and August Ford was running some major factory discounts to clear off a backlog of 2011 models. You could go on their website and "build" your truck and get MSRP and the discount calculated.

The discounts depended upon the options and model you chose. In our case the window placard said Can$44.5K before the discounts and Can$32.5K after. The dealer did not offer any further price reduction, but we were able to save several hundred $ by ordering the Leer Cap through them.

Now that the 2012 models are out, I'm not sure if these discounts are still available.