View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 09:54 PM   #10
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Lightbulb gory details... assembling the hitch head on the shank adjusts height at the TV end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthayes View Post
Thanks so much, everyone! I am a little stuck as I read that the round bar style units sit lower than the trunnion style bars. I'm worried that the bars will be too low on my Sienna mini van....
The 'RB3' which I pointed at can have the shank "flipped", relative to the bar mount on your minivan: You could then assemble the hitch using the highest possible holes, raising the hitch ball up to 6-1/2" above the TV bar mount midpoint. I think that's more than enough 'range' in mounting height options to handle the minvan end successfully. On the TM A-frame side: Does your 2619 include the lift kit? How much clearance exists now, when it is lifted to be level to the ground?

(We can't use my own "2619" for comparison, because it was actually built like a raised 3024: 5000 lb axle, 15" rims, and lift kit.) But with most trailers, the lowest height (relative to ground) will be occurring at the 90% turn within the round bars (directly below their insertion into the "head"). When cinched up, the bars will rise just a bit from that point (with the "small" ends, where the chains attach, a bit higher from the ground).

I'll SWAG that inverting the shank and using "appropriate" holes for the TM A-frame height will leave plenty of room, but there's a chance that you may need to add the lift kit (if it isn't already there) to get sufficient height underneath the A-frame arms.