View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 09:31 AM   #1
Clarity

Unhappy Mold/Rust - is it a little or a big deal? Common? Would you buy and fix, or walk away

Hi,

We've been looking for TM's for the past year and found one nearby-ish. When we went to view it, there was a strong smell reminiscent of dust and wet paint (though there was no wet paint anywhere) when we walked into the door. The furnace was on, so my husband thought maybe that was what we were smelling. I didn't sense moisture, but when we pulled up the flaps around the edges of the interior of the TM, we found what looked like faint mold markings. Then, there was rust on a few bots on the outside and all around the wheel well. There was also, I'm pretty sure, some mold around a bolt on the bed that would fold down over the wheel well, and the seals. I'm going to post a picture. Is this a normal occurrence in TrailManors and something that we'd be likely to see in any older one (2005-2008ish)? Is this something that can be cleaned easily, diy, or inexpensively? Or is this something we should go ahead and look the other way on? If it were any other trailer and not a TM, my inclination would be to shrug my shoulders and say "not for us, not worth the risk", but I find myself concerned that I won't find another trail manor this season. Thoughts from your experiences with your own TMs, shopping for TMs, or trailer/RVing in general?

Thanks so much for anything you're able to share with us first-timers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailmanor1.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	621.7 KB
ID:	18033   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailmanor2.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	875.8 KB
ID:	18034  
Clarity is offline   Reply With Quote