Thread: 6 in a 2720?
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 03:22 AM   #2
PopBeavers

The rear bed is a queen.

The front bed is a double. Although it is narrower than the rear bed, it is a little longer. Just ask my 6 foot 4 inch son.

The dinette will convert to a bed that will sleep two, but they need to be short and good friends. The dinette bed is shorter and narrower than the other two beds.

We have had 5 adults at the table to eat. Two on each side plus one on the end using a camping chair. We only eat inside when it is raining or snowing. Otherwise we eat outside.

I don't see how you could seat 6 people at the table unless you had 3 kids that were small enough to all sit on one side of the table.

Some owners have made an additional leaf for the table. This will make it a little longer. Probably about 4 to 6 inches.

Our daughter (32) is 5 foot 4. She will sometimes sit and either read or eat on the front bed, so that is another possibility.

Various family members have leaned against every side wall around each bed. Just don't lean against the windows.

If I had to I could pop up my freestanding awning and attach the four sidewalls that we almost never use. For a light misty rain I could set up the bug room around the picnic table.

I don't have much experience camping in the rain. I live in California.

Most of the time when we go camping we have with us our daughter (32), son(29) and his wife and our nephew(29). They all sleep in tents. Allegedly I snore but that has never been documented.

In my opinion any child older than around 8 can safely sleep in their own pup tent. This frees up a lot of bed space in the trailer. However, I can see that for someone that lives where there are heavy rain storms during the camping season then tents may not be a good option.

Hope that helps.