View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
mrgoodwx

Default Questions about a 2003 TM 2720

Hi,

I first posted here about 4 months ago as my wife and I have been looking for a used TM. Our goal was a 3-5 year old 2720SD but it's been very difficult to find anything anywhere close to us. Finally, a 2003 2720 came up for sale in our local area. We looked at it today, and, for the most part, it seems to be in very good condition. I would very much appreciate comments/recommendations, as we are considering this TM.

1. The dining table is missing. The owners said it broke and they just didn't replace it, as they prefer using a folding table. So...is it easy to find parts...such as a TM dining table? Are there any other concerns about parts? I read the thread about TM changing factories and am not sure what to make of it.

2. Will the trailer tongue accommodate 2 batteries? We are used to dry camping with a solar panel in our PUP. I would want to install enough solar cells to feed about 200 ah in battery power.

3. The owners want $10.5k for the camper. The NADA book value is about $8k. Does $10.5 sound like a fair price for a 2003 TM 2720 in good condition but missing a dining table?

4. Is the quality of TMs as good in recent years as in 2003 (or vice versa)? I am asking because of one of the comments made on the thread about the new factory...that poor quality was part of the downfall.

Thanks for your comments. Right now...my wife and I are wondering whether to jump on this opportunity...or hold out for a 2720SD within 1000 miles or so...maybe a bit newer. We're a little excited...a little confused...and full of questions. But then...that's my normal state!