View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 08:54 PM   #6
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

We also have an older 2720 and love it. We've had to do some work to it though, we put in the wheel-well retrofits and repaired some things that needed it (roof vent w/fantastic fan, the other one needs to still be done, replaced the TV antenna, side A/C died, we took it out & put a microwave in its place, rear bed slides). At this point the only thing that needs work is the other roof vent; in our year the TM factory used a metal riser that has since rusted out and was causing a very slight leak at the ceiling center seam. I don't like any leaks and we replaced it. We have had very few leaks in ours, one seemed to be above the side of the rear shell and a tiny bit of caulking fixed it right away. If both owners have kept up on the maintenance though, you may not have much to do.

If you don't want to do much work, you might consider the extra $$ for the newer one, but if you don't mind puttering (like we do) you might be happier with the older TM. I think the appliances in ours (except for the A/C & a sporadic bit of blue water outside the Thetford on the floor) are top-notch, we haven't had any problems at all with them, and I think that our older TM is very well built.

This website helps a lot with repairs on any year TM, we are growing in ranks since we bought ours, and there's always someone to help you here.