View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 04:55 PM   #4
joe&Nance

Default insurance

OH, yes, i did the insurance already, comp and collision... All paid 4.. Silly me. Thanks for pointing that out, it was very stupid of me not to include that in my post... Price wasn't bad at all, only $88 for the year with a $100 deductable. And yes, in CA the liability was with the TV... Now, hopefully I can sell my coleman pup quickly and stop paying insurance for that one 2.

Unfortunately, TV is not able 2 tow both, but that was a great suggestion!

I also taked to TX DMV regarding plates this AM--they were emphatic that I had 2 leave plates with seller.
I got the paperwork necessary 4 CA DMV and will have him fill that out also (in addition to pink slip, a copy of a letter of sale that I have already drafted.) The seller is old school--know he won't leave plates on if DMV says no, so at least I will make certain that have sufficient documentation.

Thanks for the input on the title. As for me, I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving the state without the title, I agree 2 far to travel in case of any issues. At least I got the license plates in the mail the other day for the truck! That would have really been a red flag just asking 2 be pulled over!!