View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 11:56 AM   #16
larroni

Smile Thank You Seasoned TrailManor Owners

Hi to All: We can't thank each and every one of you enough for all the information you have given us. Not sure if you even care to read what I am about to type next so stop reading if you have already said "Ughhhhhh! What an idiot!" haha My DH and I had a very long, very nice conversation with the fellow who posted the ebay auction. No, David is not the owner but the owner is his neighbor and a very good friend. He said we would be meeting the owner if we win and come to pick up the TM. The owner is in his 70's and didn't want to bother signing up for ebay so reason he asked David to help, David has sold over 1600 items on ebay, one of which was an airplane, and has 100% feedback. But the most important information we got today is that David and the owner had already made an appt to get a title for the TM this morning, someone else he knows told him yesterday that SC law now requires a title. He said once he has the title he will put in the ebay listing that a title is now available, so we will see. And David told us that he and the owner took the TM camping for two days a couple weeks ago to test everything, it hadn't been used for awhile because owner and his wife are in their 70's and do not like camping anymore, David said everything worked good. And David told us that he would be more than happy to cancel our bid in ebay if that's what we decide to do or we could come check the TM out and if we don't like it we don't have to pay for it. Will get this printed in an email of course, not going to show up with verbal promise only. We are headed to the area where TM is located in a few weeks anyway so not going to be a wasted trip even if we don't get it. We may be making the biggest mistake of our lives by staying with our bid but David seemed to be trying to work with us and again, he will cancel our bid if we chicken out before Wednesday and we don't have to pay for it if we don't like it when we go to pick it up. Now just have to figure out the towing issues. The owner's manual with our T&C says we can pull it, so will have to get a set of the bars David was telling us about to attach to our hitch for better weight distribution. He use to pull race cars all over the country so he knows exactly what everyone was talking about on this forum about WDH and did recommend we get them. So glad I found this website and I will definetly be checking back in the TrailManor Owner's Forum in the future for help one way or another because someday we want to be part of the TM family. Happy Camping to all. Rj