View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 10:18 AM   #19
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ann k View Post
My husband and I don't like to open the camper before we go so we pack our clothes in a laundry basket and take a cooler with items for the fridge.
That reminded me of a humorous story that happened to some friends of mine one time. They would do the same and throw their clothes in a laundry basket and/or Wally World shopping bags.

They and another couple were pulling their camper trailer down to Florida to camp at Disney World and spend a week down there. They got into a wreck in MS and their trailer was just about totalled. When they called Disney World to tell them what happened, Disney World told them to come on and they would put them at one of their resort hotels for no extra charge (excellent Disney customer service).

Anyway, they left their wrecked trailer at a camper dealer in MS and continued to Orlando with their kids. You can just imagine the way this looked, when they pulled up to this 4-star resort hotels front doors, and start unloading their stuff in clothes baskets and blue Wal-mart bags. My buddy said they were getting some kind of looks from everyone, especially the valets helping them put it all on carts. The Clampitt's go to Disney World.

It's hilarious to hear him tell the story.